Leave a message below.
- 1 Localized words (used in titles) don't work properly
- 2 Abbreviated links don't work properly
- 3 Subpages (in main space, especially) don't work
- 4 Links on other wikis
- 5 Broken redirects
- 6 Recent changes
- 7 The database
- 8 Interwiki to wikia site should be fixed
- 9 Special:WantedFiles dosn't work properly
- 10 Special:Upload dosn't work properly
- 11 Favicon
- 12 MediaWiki:Edittools dosn't work properly
- 13 Database upgrade
- 14 "Pending Approval"
- 15 Add Extension:Renameuser
- 16 "loss of session data" type error
- 17 PDF upload
Localized words (used in titles) don't work properly
- Fixed. The issue was that import labels wrapped in noinclude tags were breaking the formatting. Sysadmin (talk) 20:56, 5 November 2018 (UTC)
Abbreviated links: see eg. Hector Servadac - most of links on this page are abbreviated links, and they don't work. Eg. the abbreviated link [[/I/01|Rozdział I]] should be produced by MediaWiki automaticly like the long link [[Hector Servadac/I/01|Rozdział I]]. Electron (talk) 01:21, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
- Fixed, apparently this was related to subpages being disabled in the mainspace as they are by default. Sysadmin (talk) 21:07, 5 November 2018 (UTC)
Subpages (in main space, especially) don't work
It is need to switch this function on. How to do it, see -> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Subpages . Meny pages and templates created by me use this function and now they don't work properly. Electron (talk) 11:59, 5 November 2018 (UTC)
Links on other wikis
Should links elsewhere be updated to target the new domain name? I understand may be the old domain name used prior to 2017. I am not certain that is the case. Frayae (talk) 11:01, 6 November 2018 (UTC)
- Yes links should be retargeted to wikilivres.org however all old links will still work. Sysadmin (talk) 00:51, 7 November 2018 (UTC)
- All the "Bibliowiki" pages (like this one for example) have been changed to "Project" pages. I will have to create redirects manually to fix the redlinks. Sysadmin (talk) 09:21, 7 November 2018 (UTC)
I made several edits yesterday, but they do not appear in recent changes.--Poetlister 20:57, 8 November 2018 (UTC)
- You can see those recent changes if you press "show bots". I am not sure why yet but basically the software thought all the crats were bots when I ran the rebuildrecentchanges script. I suspect I bundled too many permissions in the user-right and one of them is only meant for bots. Changes made since I ran the script are unaffected. Arthur (talk) 22:33, 8 November 2018 (UTC)
Was earlier overloaded by me and then accidentally sent into a maintenance cycle when I tried to fix it. It should be fine now. The problem was caused by me reading/fetching pages with pywikibot via the API too fast (while preparing to automatically fix redlinks to the reamed bibliowiki namespace) and is not an issue with the editing done just beforehand by Electron who was fixing categories. I may try and put a rate limiter in there to slow down the fetch speed. Arthur (talk) 16:23, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
- Partially your fault. However the database is a managed one and you can toggle data import mode when you need to do bot runs, this will temporarily switch off the automatic live backup system which is what locked everything. Jl22388 (talk) 16:48, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
Interwiki to wikia site should be fixed
Now it dosn't work properly if you try to link to specific wikia project, eg. wikia:wiersze:Stefan Barszczewski (proper interwiki should link to https://wiersze.wikia.com/wiki/Stefan_Barszczewski).
- Good idea. Jl22388 (talk) 00:34, 11 November 2018 (UTC)
- Done. Jl22388 (talk) 00:36, 11 November 2018 (UTC)
Special:WantedFiles dosn't work properly
If I try to open the page I received 504 Gateway Time-out error every time. If I know which files are most wanted I will try to search the replacements on Commons and link them... Electron (talk) 21:46, 13 November 2018 (UTC)
- It must be taking too long to load at the backend. I will see what I can do. Jl22388 (talk) 10:01, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
- J, it works for me some of time now, but I don't think we should give excessive execution time to the PHP process to deal with this. I believe that it is a cache issue (or rather a lack of cache) which generates the list every time it is asked for. There is no way it would take so long as to timeout otherwise. Arthur (talk) 12:43, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
- Btw. The same is when I try to see Category:Pages with broken file links. Electron (talk) 13:03, 14 November 2018 (UTC)
- With luck these pages will work if there are less missing images. I am importing the images we used to have with a maintenance script and will see if that makes a difference. Arthur (talk) 16:49, 15 November 2018 (UTC)
- Ok that worked. Importing the images has as predicted reduced the load when requesting these pages. Note some images in non-standard formats have not been imported yet. (tiff, mid, ogg, pdf, epub, etc.) Arthur (talk) 12:16, 16 November 2018 (UTC)
Special:Upload dosn't work properly
When I try to upload a file I receave the message:
Could not create directory "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/9/93".
- It works, but only for files that are less than 1 MB. It the file is bigger there is no possibility to upload it. I see only the statement: 413 Request Entity Too Large Electron (talk) 00:35, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- Should be fixed, I just uploaded a 4mb file with no issue. Arthur (talk) 00:24, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
It is not a crucial thing nor an error but it is a good idea to change our favicon from default mediawiki favicon to one connected with Wikilivres. Maybe the letter W will be good as it was in the past? Electron (talk) 02:17, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
- Not sure, Wikipedia uses a W and although we could use a different font or something it would only be slightly better than default in my opinion. I have put the little bookshelf we have as the logo in there to see how that looks.  Arthur (talk) 10:41, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
- I am not insist on the letter. But to say the truth the shelf as a foveicon dosn't look well (I use FireFox ESR 52.8 now). Actually it's to small to recognize what it is (clic on link ->  and see the place where is usually shown the favicon in your internet browser). I think that there are to meny things in it to be seen good. A good fovicon should be more simple... Electron (talk) 10:57, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
MediaWiki:Edittools dosn't work properly
It should work in such a way that you choose a character set from the drop down list. Now you can see all the characters, which makes it very large and difficult to use.
It seems that java script is needed for its proper operation, which was placed in MediaWiki:Common.js
I tried to placed it here again, see -> [], but it seems don't work.
I do not know what the problem is. Maybe something else is needed to make it works properly?
- Well on Wikipedia the toolbar at the top of the edit box has a "special characters" tab which is what I normally used and focused on installing, and edittools is seperate, and when setting things up I seem to have omitted to install all the things detailed at mediawikiwiki:Extension:CharInsert. I will see what I can do. Arthur (talk) 16:17, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
@Electron: I just finished replacing the database with a larger one. I believe that some of your edits made between ~16:00 and ~18:00 were not transferred. Pages affected are as follows:
You might want to check this.
Meanwhile there is still an issue where the site experiences 25 minute long periods of downtime at a random time each day when it does backups, I am working on getting this fixed, or at least put on a schedule. Jl22388 (talk) 18:10, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
hello; i had to re-create my user account (again), & now my edits are "pending approval" (again). please could somebody fix this? (& please could this stop happening? xD)
also; any chance of getting my years of old contrib history back, or is that lost for good? :/
- AND i am getting a lot of "error, session not saved, make sure you are logged in, etc." failures, when i do try to save edits. Lx 121 (talk) 20:46, 1 January 2019 (UTC)
- OK. You are automoderated user now. The wiki was moved (installed) on another server and I afraid that there is not possible to regain any user's previous editing history. What about problems with edit saving: it is know problem, how it fix see: User talk:Pharmacist. Electron (talk) 22:09, 1 January 2019 (UTC)
- Trying Special:RenameUser and Special:UserMerge did not work in this case, mainly due to to the
'>'character in my opinion. Arthur (talk) 11:52, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
- Ok after hacking $wgLegalTitleChars to allow that character temporarily, it still didn't work. Imported>Koavf doesn't seem to be recognized as a user by the system, and creating a new user with exactly the same name didn't pick up the edits. I am reluctant to interfere with the database directly, but that may be the only way to reassign these edits. Arthur (talk) 12:46, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
"loss of session data" type error
Ping @Jl22388: I need you to look into this, basically if you spend more than a minute on a page before saving it, then a red error message will appear, telling you to log back in. Pressing save again works, and you don't actually get logged out.
Either we remove the error message by fixing it (preferred), or we change the error message to say "press save again". It is a system error message, but I am not sure where it is defined, or even exactly what it is for. mediawikiwiki:Manual:How to debug/Login problems suggests that this type of error can be caused by a large variety of things.
It occurs to me that this is probably a cache problem, and maybe a TTL value has been set too short, but I don't know where to config for that is so anyway please help. Arthur (talk) 19:44, 3 January 2019 (UTC)
I wanted to upload a PDF but couldn't because that file format is restricted (so I converted it to DJVU instead). Can we please broaden the allowed file types? Koavf (talk) 19:26, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
- And now I get
HTML400 errors trying to upload. :/ Koavf (talk) 19:41, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
- HTML (HTTP surely?) 400 errors are most likely related to the file being too big, or not correct identified as a Djvu file (corrupted xml or metadata). I just uploaded File:Blightancientcro00blig.djvu with no issues. Although the upload limit is 50mb, it probably isn't possible to upload anything over about 8mb via Special:Upload.
- Djvu is better than PDF, because it has better thumbnail generation and is a better archive format, and it works better with proofreadpage, and although it is possible to host PDF files, I would rather we didn't start doing that unless it was really needed. If anyone has PDF files that they can't convert then just email them to me and I will do it. Arthur (talk) 21:04, 4 January 2019 (UTC)